California Film & Television Tax Credit Program 2.0
May 18 - 27, 2016: TV Application Window (Non-Transferable Tax Credits) Open ONLY to:
- Relocating TV Series
- Recurring TV Projects Only - TV series, relocating TV series in their second season in California, or series from pilots that have previously received a Credit Allocation Letter.
On-line Application Portal - http://taxcredit.film.ca.gov/
Applicants, please follow these steps:
- Tag budget according to the Qualified Expenditure Charts.
- Applicants may test jobs ratio for various budget scenarios using the Jobs Ratio Calculator tool prior to applying.
- Prepare all documents listed in the Application Checklist as you will be required to submit these materials within three days if your application is selected for Phase II of the application review.
- Fill out one on-line application for each project.
- On the first business day after the close of an application window, you will be notified on the status of your application.
- If you are selected for Phase II (top 200% of applicants) you will have three days to upload documents from the Application Checklist.
- Approximately 2 weeks after Phase II documents are received, the CFC will notify applicants if A) Applicant has been selected or B) Applicant has been put on the waitlist.
On-line Application Portal Tips
- On-line portal works best using Google Chrome.
- You may set up an account now. The "Create a New Application" link will be activated on May 18, 2016.
- Applicants can enter information and make changes up until they click "Submit."
- To move from Section to Section, click "Return to Summary Screen" on the bottom of page.
- Be sure to click "Complete" before moving on to the next section in order to save all new data and/or changes made.
- If you get an error message, try to refresh the page.
- You may make changes to each page even after you complete each section.
- Once you complete all the sections and click "Submit," your Jobs Ratio will appear.
- If you hit "Submit" before the application window closes, you can click "Recall" under the "Application Summary" page if you wish to make further changes on your application. Once the application window closes, applicants are unable to "recall" the application; no further changes can be made.
- Click the house icon (top left) to see a summary of all your application(s) and jobs ratio(s).